Monday, June 15, 2015

Bloom Day: June 2015

Just a few of the things blooming in the garden. I'm limited to what my camera phone can capture while I'm contemplating repairing my good camera or replacing it (the cost is nearly the same), after an unfortunate meeting between the camera and the floor.

Aloe striatula from Cistus Nursery survived last winter's mild temperatures quite well and is now 3ft / 1m tall, with two bloom spikes. This aloe has undergone a recent taxomomic revision and now more properly known as Aloiampelos striatula.

 
Four foot / 1.3m long inflorescence of Nolina sp. I think it is Nolina texana, but I am not certain:
 
 
Phlomis russeliana, a staple of my June garden, where it flourishes without watering and tolerates moderate shade and neglect:
 
 

 
 
Ah, June!
 
Thanks to May Dreams Gardens for coordinating the Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment